The outcome of your day greatly relies on how the first few hours are spent.
When you immediately scroll through social media or jump into your emails, you start the process of diverting your attention from your own needs to the outside world.
Do you want to radically change the outcome of your day to day?
Start a morning routine.
You will notice that positive changes start to occur when you give yourself this sacred time. It sets you up for a structured, inspired, and positive day.
Try waking up a little earlier (if you need to) and really giving yourself some quality time to focus on yourself and reset. It’ll be worth it. This allotted time will give you the energy and mindfulness you need to more effortlessly get through what lies ahead in your day.
What you decide to do is 100 percent specific to you. How much time are you working with? What activities make you happy and inspired? My one suggestion is to keep it MINDFUL. Do these activities consciously; on purpose; thoughtfully.
Here’s what my mornings look like:
- Wake up 1 hour before the kids wake up
- Meditate for 15 minutes
- Do some simple stretching and movement
- Drink warm water with lemon
- Set a daily intention (that I will focus on throughout the day)
- Make a nourishing breakfast (Highly Suggested)
Boom. That’s it. It’s not hard, but the idea is to make it a routine…a habit. I am particularly fond of this quote that says it all..”We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” -Aristotle
Here are some other examples of activities that you could try;
- Cardio workout
- Write in a journal
- Play with your pets
- Read affirmations
- Dance it out to your favorite song
- Read a chapter in a book
- Drink some tea
- Go for a walk
- Oil pulling
- Write down 3 things you’re grateful for
- Have a thoughtful conversation with your spouse/roomie
- Meditate (Can be done in many different ways.. walking, time in nature, etc.)
Do what works for you and enjoy the benefits of a charged day.